Friday, June 15, 2018

What Will You Be Remembered For?

Scripture:

I Chronicles 3:17. “The sons of Jehoiachin, who was taken prisoner by the Babylonians, were Shealtiel,”
‭‭
Observation:

When going through three chapters of genealogies you see that once in a while a simple statement is made about someone.  Here Jehoiachin was named among a huge list of names, but after his name, it says, “who was taken prisoner by the Babylonians”.  One partial sentence gives the overview of his life and what he was remembered for.

Application:

When they sum up my life and need to say something in one a very few words, what will they say?  Will I be Remembered for one failure?  Will I be remembered for the one major mess up in my life?  Will I be remembered for the things I did right?  When people have to summarize my life, I want them to say, “He was a man of God”.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, You are incredible and I worship You.  Let my life bring You praise and when my life is over, let me be remembered as a man of God who followed the Lord wholeheartedly.  I am Yours and want to serve You well in my generation.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment