Thursday, May 31, 2018

Remain Faithful Till the End

Scripture:

I Kings 11:3-4 "He had 700 wives and 300 concubines.  And in fact, they did turn his heart away from the Lord.  In Solomon's old age, they turned his heart to worship other gods instead of being completely faithful to the Lord his God, as his father, David, had been."

Observation:

Solomon had an incredible run as a leader for many, many years.  He was blessed with more than anyone had ever had or would ever had.  God blessed him so much that people traveled huge distances just to see his wealth and kingdom.  God gave him peace, prosperity, and victory over all his enemies, but Solomon allowed his heart to be turned to other gods because of his disobedience in marrying foreign women.  After decades of the favor of God, he worshiped other gods and lost his kingdom for it.

Application:

Sometimes the most dangerous place to be is walking in God's blessing, abundance and victory.  It is there that your faithfulness will be tested.  When things are difficult, it is easy to remain faithful because you see your need of the Lord at all times.  When things are going well, we must be careful to remain faithful to our faithful God.  Though we can be faithful for decades, a person can still fall away near the end of their journey.  We must remain alerted to this.

Prayer:

Father, help me to finish well.  You are amazing and there is nobody like You.  I love you and want to serve you well all the days of my life.  Help me to stay the course and empower me to finish stronger than I started.  I want to finish my days stronger in You than I started.  I want to do more for you in my later years than I could have imagined in my early years.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment