Monday, May 28, 2018

Be a Man

Scripture:

I Kings 2:2 "I am going where everyone on earth must some day go.  Take courage and be a man.  Observe the requirements of the Lord your God, and follow all His ways.  Keep the decrees, commands, regulations, and laws written in the Law of Moses so that you will be successful in all you do and wherever you go."

Observation:

David was dying and he spoke these words to his son Solomon.  He told him he was dying, but that Solomon must take courage and be a man.  He went on to say that he needed to follow all the commands and decrees of the Lord so that he could be successful wherever he went.  His last words to his son were, "take courage and be a man". Powerful words from a father to a son as his son was assuming his place a king of Israel.

Application:

Sometimes we need to speak to people and tell them to take courage and be a man.  As a father and as a pastor, I have been a good encourager, but not the type of leader who pushes people to greatness by telling them things like this.  I am a better cheerleader than a coach.  A coach tells his players how to man up and do a better job.  God has been speaking to me alot about being a coach to men and to push them toward good lives without giving in to excuses.

Prayer:

Lord, help me to raise up men who are strong and not given to excuses.  Help me to train them well and to prepare them for life and ministry.  Help me to know when to speak and when to listen.  Show me how to train up men who are strong in You and prepared for kingdom work.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment