Tuesday, May 29, 2018

If you...I will

Scripture:

I Kings 6:12-13 "Concerning this Temple you are building, if you keep all my decrees and regulations and obey all my commands, I will fulfill through you the promise I made to your father, David.  I will live among the Israelites and will never abandon my people Israel."

Observation:

As Solomon is building a Temple to honor the Lord God Almighty, the Lord gave him a powerful message.  He told him that IF he would follow all the decrees and regulations of the Lord and obey His commands, God would live among the Israelites and never abandon them.  It was an incredible promise, but as always, it came with an IF.

Application:

Many times we claim the promised of God, yet we don't want to follow His ways.  We love to talk about the blessings and the promises and hod God to His word, but His promises usually have and IF attached to them.  Our job is to live out the IF, His job is then to fulfill His promises.  He does His job well, it is usually our job that goes undone.  If we don't do our part of the contract, He is under no obligation to do His part.

Prayer:

God, let me live my life in obedience to You and Your word.  I want to live under the promises of God, knowing that I have done the IFs.  I want to fulfill my end of the promises, then I can expect the blessings that come with obedience.  Let me learnt to walk closer to You than ever before and give me the strength to live out the IFs.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment