Tuesday, May 22, 2018

He Delights in Me

Scripture:

II Samuel 22:20 "He led me to a place of safety; he rescued me because he delights in me."

Observation:

David was humble, yet had incredible confidence in his relationship with God.  He knew God had rescued him over and over and declared here that he did it because God delights in him.  He knew he was loved by God and that God was looking out for him.

Application:

We should be able, like David, to walk in confidence in our relationship with God.  We should be able to know that He delights in us, not just that He loves us because His word says so, but because we have seen His faithfulness in our lives over and over.  We need to believe His word and be confident that the Lord delights in us.

Prayer:

Lord, I know You love me, but I want to understand how You delight in me.  I want the confidence of David that knows You are absolutely delighting in him.  Help me to walk in that confidence that You are my God, You love me, and that You delight in me.  David also said later that he had walked in your ways and upheld all your statutes.  Help me to do what is pleasing to You, my confidence will rise with my level of obedience.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment