Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Who God Is

Scripture:

I Kings 8:23 "O Lord, God of Israel. there is no God like you in all of heaven above or on the earth below.  You keep your covenant and show unfailing love to all who walk before you in wholehearted devotion.

Observation:

Solomon was dedicating the Temple he had built for the Lord.  While he was dedicating it, he prayed this prayer that tells who God is according to Solomon.  He says there is no God like him in all of heaven or earth and that God keeps his covenant and shows unfailing love to those who walk in wholehearted devotion.

Application:

God is faithful to His word.  There is no other god like Him.  He remains faithful to His promises when we walk wholeheartedly devoted to Him.  This coin has two sides, God is faithful, when we are completely devoted to Him.  Our devotion creates a covenant that He is always faithful to .

Prayer:

Father, let me walk in complete devotion to You at all times.  Help me to keep up my part of the deal.  I love you and want to serve you well all the days of my life.  There truly is no God like you!  You're the best.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment