Sunday, May 27, 2018

Work With Enthusiasm

Scripture:

I Corinthians 15:58 "So, my dear brothers, be strong and immovable.  Always work enthusiastically for the Lord, for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless."

Observation:

Paul here encourages the Corinthians to be strong and immovable in their faith.  He wants them to be deeply rooted and for nothing to be able to move them from what they believe.  He adds that they should work enthusiastically for the Lord, realizing that nothing they do for the Lord is useless. 

Application:

Whatever we do for the Lord is not useless, but He sees everything we sacrifice, everything we do in His name and all efforts we put forth.  We are to be strong and immovable in our faith and to serve the Lord with enthusiasm.  Everything we do for the Lord is a good thing and we should serve Him with all our heart.  Today I will preach in an old-folks home after preaching two services in our church.  May I do it with enthusiasm.

Prayer:

Lord, help me to walk in enthusiasm as I serve You.  You are worthy of all I have.  Help me to walk strong and immovable in my faith.  Let nothing come between us at any time.  I want to see You move in power and great grace among Loudoun County.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment