Saturday, May 26, 2018

Loving Others

Scripture:

I Corinthians 13:1 "If I could speak all the languages of the earth and of angels, but didn't love others, I would be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal".

Observation:

Paul is coming out of a section where he is talking about spiritual gifts and moving into what he considers more important, love.  He says if we could speak every language in heaven and earth, but we don't love people, we are useless and just noisemakers. 

Application:

Love must be the driving force behind our gifts and our lives.  When we can operate in the power of God, without the love of God, we are not doing anyone any good.  We must ask God to let love flow through our lives and to be known more for our love than for our gifts.  Christ came and died because of His love for us.  Our love must be our motivation.

Prayer:

Father, let me love like You love.  Let Your love flow through my life.  Help me to see people the way You see them and to love them like You love them.  Touch my heart with Your love and let me be filled with it.  Help me to love those who others don't and to love them wholeheartedly.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment