Saturday, August 31, 2024

Wisdom and Success

 Scripture:

“If you prize wisdom, she will make you great. Embrace her, and she will honor you.” ‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭4‬:‭8‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

We are told in this passage that if we make a prize, or value, wisdom, she will make us great and she will honor us. Knowledge is knowing facts, wisdom is the application of knowledge. Wisdom is knowing the right thing to do and doing it. Wisdom is gained from years of experience. When we live with wisdom, we will be successful in everything we do. 

Application:

Growing in knowledge is easy, read more and study more. Growing in wisdom comes from life experience. Wisdom sees the future results of our decisions clearly and with accuracy. We must pursue wisdom if we want to be honored or successful. Wisdom does the right thing, even when others are doing the wrong thing. We must make hard decisions that are wise, whether they are popular or not. Then God can bless our lives.

Prayer:

Lord God, teach me to walk with the wise. Help me to apply the knowledge I have and to use the experiences of life to guide my thoughts. You are the source of all true wisdom so I come to You and ask You to make me wise. Teach me the ways of the wise and give me the strength to follow them.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment