Monday, August 26, 2024

Gratitude

 Scripture:

“Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever.” ‭‭Psalms‬ ‭136‬:‭1‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

The Psalmist here reminds us to give thank to the Lord because His faithful love endures forever. This seems like a simple verse, but thanksgiving and gratitude are powerful. When we give thanks to God, we are saying that He is God and we are not. When we give thanks to God, we are reminding ourselves that it is not about us, but about Him. When we give thanks to God, self-reliance is destroyed because we know that any good thing we have done is totally because of the Lord and not ourselves. Giving thanks to God honors God.

Application:

I need to express my gratitude to God more and more often in my life. He has blessed me over and over again. He has brought me through every attack of the enemy. He has worked countless miracles on my behalf and He is faithful. I want to tell the Lord each day about something I am thankful for.

Prayer:

Father, Your love endures forever. Help me to walk in gratitude to You at a deeper level. Help me to understand that every good and perfect gift comes from You and not me. Help me give honor to You for working tremendously in my life. Help me to see Your hand in the little things and in the big things.

Forever Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment