Friday, August 9, 2024

The Sacrifice of Thankfulness

 Scripture:

“Make thankfulness your sacrifice to God, and keep the vows you made to the Most High. Then call on me when you are in trouble, and I will rescue you, and you will give me glory.” ‭‭Psalms‬ ‭50‬:‭14‬-‭15‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

The Psalmist gives us a pattern to seeing God rescue us when we are in trouble. He says that we should make thankfulness our sacrifice and keep our vows to Him. It says that when we do that part, we will call on Him when in trouble and He will rescue us, then we will give Him glory. I have never really thought of thankfulness as a sacrifice to God, but it really is. Sometimes it is difficult to remain thankful, but God wants us to do that and to keep the vows we make to Him.

Application:

We need to focus on living lives of thankfulness to God in all things. A sacrifice of thanksgiving would be us remaining thankful when things are not going good for us. Thankfulness is a choice. We can be thankful to God for all He has done in our lives, or we can be bitter because He didn’t do everything we wanted Him to. We must choose thankfulness. As for vows, we need to refrain from making vows we won’t be able to keep. We must be careful about the promises we make to God and others.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, You are amazing and I worship You this morning. Thank You for all You have done in my life. Thank You for the many open doors and for the many blessings You have bestowed on me. You have truly been good to me and I don’t deserve it. Give me the strength to fulfill my vows to You and help me not to make ones I can’t keep. Teach me to be wise with my words. As I prepare the message today for my mom’s funeral, please give me Your insights and let people turn to You because of what is said. 

Forever Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment