Thursday, August 1, 2024

My Shelter and My Refuge

 Scripture:

“The Lord is a shelter for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble.” ‭‭Psalms‬ ‭9‬:‭9‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

This simple verse says much to a person going through a difficult time. It tells me that God is a shelter for those who are put down my others and oppressed. When we feel pushed down, He is there for us. He is also a refuge in times of trouble. A refuge is a place of safety. God is my safe place when things are troubled around me.

Application:

If God is my shelter and my refuge, then I can trust that I am safe in His arms. God is my safe place when things are difficult around me. Therefore, I can run to Him in any and every situation. I need to trust and seek God more and rely on self less and less. I need to trust that He will protect me instead of wanting to defend myself. I must trust God more each day.

Prayer:

Lord God, You are great and glorious. You are awesome and amazing. You are my defender, my shelter, and my refuge. You are my hiding place and my safe place. Help me to run to You instead of trying to find refuge in my own ways. Help me to trust more in You and less in me. You are my shelter when things gets difficult. Hide me in Your arms.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment