Monday, August 5, 2024

Close to the Brokenhearted

 Scripture:

“The Lord is close to the brokenhearted; he rescues those whose spirits are crushed.” ‭‭Psalms‬ ‭34‬:‭18‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

The Psalmist in this passage tells us that the Lord is close to those who are brokenhearted, but also that He rescues those whose spirits are crushed. God is always close to us, but He may allow us to feel His presence more when we are brokenhearted. He also doesn’t like to see His children crushed. He doesn’t always stop us from having our spirits crushed, but he does rescue us in those times.

Application:

As my mom lies between life and death today, my heart is broken. My mother is such a special woman of God. My heart is broken today, but I have felt the closeness of the Lord over the last couple of days. He has never left me nor forsaken me. My heart feels crushed at times, but the Lord is my rescuer. He is the source of my strength and the one who will bring me through. My brother asked me if I was going to be able to preach my mom’s funeral, which will be hard, but I know God will be close and will give me the strength I need during this time.

Prayer:

Father, thank You for reminding me of just how close You are during my difficult season. I love my mom with all my heart. She has been an incredible example of a godly woman t me and everyone around her. Give me strength each day and teach me to lean on You more and more. My strength is in You. You are my rock and my redeemer. You are my everything.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment