Saturday, August 24, 2024

The Value of God’s Word

 Scripture:

“Your instructions are more valuable to me than millions in gold and silver.” ‭‭Psalms‬ ‭119‬:‭72‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

The Psalmist says here that God’s instructions, or His word, as more valuable than millions in gold and silver.  He realized the incredible power and value of God’s word. His Word is alive and powerful and sharper than any two-edged sword. His word is seen here as having amazing value.

Application:

I need to ascribe more value to the word of God. I love God’s word and I have always been faithful to read and study it, but I don’t think I have the level of love for God’s word that the Psalmist demonstrates. I have to seek myself the question, “What is the value of God’s word to me?” Is it worth millions? I want to know and love God’s word more throughout the days of my life.

Prayer:

Father, Your word is powerful and sometimes I don’t think I value it enough. Help me to value Your word as I should. Give me a fresh hunger for the pure honey of Your word. Let me mind and spirit take in everything I need each time I open Your word. Teach me to value Your word above millions in gold and silver.

Forever Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment