Tuesday, August 6, 2024

Heart’s Desires

 Scripture:

“Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you your heart’s desires.” ‭‭Psalms‬ ‭37‬:‭4‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

This simple verse is quoted throughout a believers years. It is a verse that many stand on to get what they want from the Lord. What I observe about this verse is that when I have truly delighted myself in the Lord and He is the center of everything in my life, my heart’s desires are not selfish and usually don’t have much to do with what I want, but with what He wants. My desires change as I pursue God and His purpose and plans for me life.

Application:

Periodically we need to ask ourselves, “Am I pursuing what I want or what God wants for me? Am I delighting myself in the Lord and His plans or am I pursuing my own plans?” We need to ask God what He wants us to do and allow Him to transform our desires, then we will get to the heart of His will. Make God the center of everything in your life and He will then give you what you desire.

Prayer:

Father, You are great and glorious. I come to You this morning and give You my heart, my mind, my soul, and my strength. I want Your kingdom to come and Your will to be done in my life. As I make You the center of my life and I answer “yes” to Your heart and desires, bless my life and everything I touch. Demonstrate Your goodness in and through my life. I am Yours. I’m all in. I delight myself in You.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment