Wednesday, August 7, 2024

God Lifts Us Out of the Pits

 Scripture:

“He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and the mire. He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along.” ‭‭Psalms‬ ‭40‬:‭2‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

The Psalmist declares here that it was the Lord who lifted him out of the pit of despair. He realized it was God and not himself. He understood that it was God Almighty that put his feet on solid ground and steadied him as he walked along life’s path. This sets a great example for us on how to come out of bad places and trying times. 

Application:

Our place is to realize, like the Psalmist, that it is God who lifts us up when we are down. It is God who puts our feet on solid ground and it is God who steadies our steps as we walk. Our trust must be in God to get us out of every trouble life brings us. Rather than staying in despair, we must turn to God completely and let Him lift us out of that pit as well. We cannot pull ourselves out of certain situations, we must trust God and rely on Him. He is able!

Prayer:

Father, last night I lost my mother. Don’t let me live in a put of despair, but help me to walk through this time with strength that only comes from You. You are my source and my everything. Speak to me this morning and steady my steps. Let me take only the steps You want me to take and walk on the path You have set for me. I am Yours forever.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment