Saturday, August 10, 2024

He Collects Our Tears

 Scripture:

“You keep track of all my sorrows. You have collected all my tears in your bottle. You have recorded each one in your book.” ‭‭Psalms‬ ‭56‬:‭8‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

The Psalmist here speaks of God keeping track of all his sorrows, or wanderings. He says that God has collected all his tears in a bottle and recorded each one in His book. In other words, God sees, knows, and remembers each tear we shed in our lives. God keeps good records and knows the pain behind every tear. 

Application:

We don’t have a God who is unapproachable. We don’t have a God who is simply a figure or an idol. We have a God who is alive and who knows all. He knows when we are doing good and when we are doing bad. He knows the feelings we have and He knows the tears we shed. Nothing gets past Him! We must live our lives knowing that, even when we feel alone and like nobody sees or hears us, that God sees and hears and stores our tears in His bottle. He cares about us and our feelings.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, You are high and lifted up, yet You care about the tears I cry. You are the king of the universe, yet You love me with an everlasting love. You are kind and compassionate. You are touched by the feelings of our infirmities and by Your stripes we are healed. Give me strength today to preach my mother’s funeral. Help me to say what You want said and to do what You want done. Guide my words and thoughts I pray. Use this day for Your glory.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment