Sunday, August 4, 2024

Favor and Joy

 Scripture:

“For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime! Weeping may last through the night, but joy comes with the morning.” ‭‭Psalms‬ ‭30‬:‭5‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

The Psalmist declares here that God’s anger only lasts a moment, but His favor lasts throughout our lives. God does get angry, but His anger never lasts long. His favor, though lasts throughout our lives. Favor makes things go right for you. He closes this verse with saying that weeping may last for a night, but joy comes in the morning. In other words, there will be times when we weep, but those times also won’t last forever. Joy always comes again.

Application:

We will go through seasons of grief and sorrow, but we can be confident that joy will come again. We also need to know that God’s favor is not temporary in our lives, but something that He bestows upon us for a lifetime. In order to walk in something, you have to believe it. You can only walk in what you know in your heart, not your head. I want to walk in confidence concerning God’s favor in my life. He has put favor on my life, but I have seen it as a temporary blessing rather than seeing it as a permanent part of my life. I want my faith to increase to believe deep inside that God’s favor is on my life and never goes away.

Prayer:

Father, as I walk through a difficult time this morning and go see my mother, who may die today, let me be confident that weeping is okay, and may last for a season, but that joy will come again. Let me have a heart revelation that I walk in the favor of God every day of my life. Let me expect it based on Your word and not my feelings. Help me to walk by faith and not by sight. 

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment