Thursday, August 8, 2024

Longing For God

 Scripture:

“As the deer longs for streams of water, so I long for you, O God.” ‭‭Psalms‬ ‭42‬:‭1‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

This verse describes a person’s longing for God. The author compares it to the longing of a deer for water. As I searched my mom’s Bible this last couple days since her death, I came to realize that this verse was my mom’s favorite verse in the entire Bible. I recall her telling me how a deer would stay away from water at times when hunters were present because the hunters knew the deer needed water and would come to drink. She described to me how the deer would try desperately to get to water without getting caught because of thirst.

Application:

Our longing for God should be like the deer panting and longing for the water during hunting season. As the deer would do anything to get som water, we should pursue God the same way. We should acknowledge that we cannot live without Him and should pursue Him like a man in a desert who desperately needs water. He is our living water. He is the source of life for us and we must learn to passionately pursue Him.

Prayer:

Lord, I repeat the Psalmist this morning. As the deer panteth for the water, so my souls longs after You. I need You Lord. I long for Your presence. I want to know You intimately and to walk with You completely. Let me always be a passionate pursuer of You and Your presence.

Yours Always,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment