Monday, March 28, 2022

Succession

 Scripture:

“Before Moses died, he had placed his hands on Joshua, and the Lord had given Joshua wisdom. The Israelites paid attention to what Joshua said and obeyed the commands that the Lord had given Moses. Deuteronomy‬ ‭34:9‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

Before Moses died, he placed his hands on Joshua, his son in the Lord who had walked beside him for a long time. When Moses knew he was going to die, the laid hands on his spiritual son and prepared him to lead God’s people well. Because he did this, the people didn’t argue who was to be next.

Application:

Succession planning is really important in life and ministry. Before we leave the scene of leadership, we need to have a plan.  Great leaders don’t just lead during their time, they prepare for their replacement so their influence can remain.The saying, “There is no success without a successor” is so true. I need to always be working with someone who can take over things when I move from the scene.

Prayer:

Father, help me to be a spiritual father who is always preparing people to replace me. I pray that when it is time to go from this post, there will be many qualified and ready to lead. Take my life and leadership to another level. Teach me to lead well and to invest my life in those who want to grow.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment