Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Humility Wins

 Scripture:

“If you put yourself above others, you will be put down. But if you humble yourself, you will be honored.”  Luke‬ ‭14:11‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

Jesus told a story here about being invited to a feast and sitting at the big seat. He said if you take that seat, someone more important may come in and you will be asked to take a lower seat, but if you humble yourselves in the beginning, you may be elevated to a higher seat. He was saying it is better to take the lower place and be lifted up than to take the higher place and put sat down. Humility is a quality that God loves.

Application:

As believers and Jesus followers, our heart must be always to serve and not to be served. We should be looking at how we can promote others instead of trying to be promoted ourselves. I want to see others go farther and do more than I could ever do. I need God’s help and humility to take next steps.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, empower me to live a life that pleases You and that serves others. Help me to see others as more important than myself. Teach me Your ways. Let me walk in true humility and live like Jesus lived. Teach me to walk humbly before You Oh Lord.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment