Thursday, March 10, 2022

Faith

 Scripture:

“So don't rebel. We have no reason to be afraid of the people who live there. The Lord is on our side, and they won't stand a chance against us!” ‭‭Numbers‬ ‭14:9‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

When the 12 spies came back from investigating the Promised Land, 10 of them gave a bad report of how big the people were and how they would be defeated if they went into the land.  Joshua and Caleb came back saying let’s go at once and take the land. Here, they tell the people they have no reason to be afraid because the Lord is on their side so the enemy won’t have a chance.

Application:

This is the story of faith. Faith sees God as bigger than any obstacle in front of us. Faith doesn’t look at problems, but possibilities. Faith says you can do it when by all human reasoning you can’t. We must learn to be people of faith. We love the stories of the people of faith, but we don’t like to live them out. I want to be a man of faith, who does what the Lord says, regardless of how crazy it may appear.

Prayer:

Father, increase my faith! Help me to walk by faith and not by sight. Help me to see opportunities where others see impossibilities. Help me to walk in step with You and to accomplish all that You want me to do in this life. Show me the path to great faith. 

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment