Friday, March 11, 2022

Calling

 Scripture:

“The next day when Moses went into the tent, flowers and almonds were already growing on Aaron's stick.” ‭‭Numbers‬ ‭17:8‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

God wanted the people to see His plan for how the priests and Levites would function. He wanted people to be aware that there were some who were set apart for service and ministry and that not everyone and anyone could function in those roles. He told Moses and Aaron to take the walking sticks from the 12 leaders of the 12 tribes and put them in the Holy Place.  The next morning, Aaron’s rod had budded, proving he was different and was called to stand before the Lord.

Application:

Ministry isn’t for everyone. It is not something we choose to do. It is a calling from God. It is His choice and not our own. he separates those He wants for His purposes. When we step into ministry for the Lord and He hasn’t called us to do it, we will be offering strange fire to the Lord.  He has ways of doing things. The church has begun to ordain pretty much anyone who wants to be a pastor or leader. We use Peter’s words about us being a royal priesthood and chosen generation to justify that anyone can serve in ministry. As for me, I want to do what God wants me to do and answer his call, but I don’t want to offer strange fire that God didn’t call for.

Prayer:

Lord, help me to discern Your voice each step throughout my life. Help me to never step in places You haven’t called me to be. Help me to walk in submission to Your will and Your desires. I don’t want to minister, serve, or work apart from You. Be the center of my life and everything I do. I don’t want to work FOR You, I want to work WITH You.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment