Monday, March 14, 2022

Depending on Others

 Scripture:

“But Joshua must depend on Eleazar to find out from me what I want him to do as he leads Israel into battle.”” ‭‭Numbers‬ ‭27:21‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

God spoke to Moses about Joshua taking over as leader of His people. As the Lord was telling him what to do, He said that Joshua must depend on Eleazar to wind out what I want him to do. God chose to work with a team instead of putting all the power into one person’s hands. He wanted Joshua to know he needed someone else in order to accomplish the will of God.

Application:

God put us in a body and we need every part of the body to function as God intended. The power of the kingdom is best expressed through a body of believers who are each doing their part. Just as God wanted Joshua to know he needed Eleazar, He wants us to know that we need others. We cannot do God’s work apart from God’s people.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, You are powerful, majestic and incredible. Your ways are higher than my ways and Your thoughts are higher than my thoughts. Help me not to lead Your people alone, but to realize this is meant to be a teamwork endeavor. Help me to see the value of others being on the team and having major roles.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment