Thursday, March 24, 2022

Alongside

 Scripture:

“The Lord your God will fight alongside you and help you win the battle.”” ‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭20:4‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

Moses was telling the people of Israel about life after they went in and conquered their enemies in the Promised Land. As they entered the land he told them they had to defeat every enemy and totally annihilate those living in the land. He then adds this verse. “The Lord your God will fight ALONGSIDE you and help you win the battle.”

Application:

God fighting ALONGSIDE of us means that we still have to fight. God was letting His people know that they were still going to have to face their fears and fight, but that He would deliver their enemies into their hands. There are times when we can stand still and see the deliverance of the Lord and there are times when we will have to fight for our promises. There are times when we have to face things we don’t want to face, but we can be confident that God is with us and will never leave us nor forsake us.  He will fight alongside of us.

Prayer:

Lord, thank You for fighting alongside of me. This year, my prayer has been closely related to this. I don’t want to do ministry FOR you, but WITH You. I want to walk in step with You and accomplish all You have for my life. Show me daily how to work with You and to do exactly what You want done in the earth. Give me an ear to hear what You are doing. I want to serve alongside You.

No comments:

Post a Comment