Saturday, March 12, 2022

Complete Obedience

 Scripture:

“But the Lord said to Moses and Aaron, “Because you refused to believe in my power, these people did not respect me. And so, you will not be the ones to lead them into the land I have promised.”” ‭‭Numbers‬ ‭20:12‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

God had spoken to Moses and told him to speak to the rock in the wilderness and water would come out from it. Rather than speak to the rock, Moses decided to hit the rock. God honored him in bringing forth water from the rock, but God punished him for doing it his way instead of God’s way. God said that Moses refused to believe in His power, therefore he wasn’t going to get to go into the Promised Land.

Application:

There are consequences when we try to do things our own way instead of doing what God says to do. When God speaks, we must do our best to do exactly what He says. I don’t want to miss the Promised Land because I didn’t do what the Lord was telling me to do because I liked the dramatic impact of doing it my way.

Prayer:

Father, help me to do things Your way and not my own. Show me how to serve You well in my generation. Teach me Your ways and let me know Your thoughts. You know the desires of my heart. You know I long to do Your will above all else. Reveal Yourself to me more and more I pray.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment