Thursday, March 3, 2022

Humility vs. Pride

 Scripture:

“Then Jesus said, “When the two men went home, it was the tax collector and not the Pharisee who was pleasing to God. If you put yourself above others, you will be put down. But if you humble yourself, you will be honored.”” ‭‭Luke‬ ‭18:14‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

Jesus told a story here to get a message across. He spoke about two men who went to the Temple to pray. The religious person prayed and told God what a good person he was and he was thankful he wasn’t like this sinner next to him. The tax collector knew he was a bad man who didn’t deserve to be there praying. He cried out to the Lord to forgive him because he was a filthy person and he knew it. Jesus said this man walked away forgiven and clean because he humbled himself.

Application:

When we lift ourselves up, God will put us down. When we realize we are sinners and hopeless before God in our own righteousness, we are in the place of humility where God can bless us and raise us up. Jesus spoke much about humility instead of religious pride. We must walk in humility, then He will lift us up. We should be more concerned about our pride than just about anything else because it hinders God from working in our lives.

Prayer:

Father, teach me to walk in humility before You. You are my source and my strength. You are the one who I trust and who orders my steps. Lead me today. Help me to today to accomplish everything on my plate.  My plate is full, but somehow help me to finish everything in a quick manner.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment