Saturday, March 19, 2022

Love and Obey

 Scripture:

“But if you love me and obey my laws, I will be kind to your families for thousands of generations.” ‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭5:10‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

After the Lord had given His people the Ten Commandments, He was reminding them about how to live in the Promised Land as they entered it and conquered it. He told them if they loved Him and obeyed His laws, He would be kind for thousands of generations. 

Application:

Love and Obedience are crucial to our walk with God. Our love for God will cause us to want to obey Him in all areas of our lives. Love for Him will cause you to draw near to Him. Once you are near to Him, you want to obey Him. Love is great and the church has focused on it so much over the past couple decades, but He also demands obedience and our love should bring us to a place of absolute obedience to the purpose and plans of God.

Prayer:

Father, teach me to walk in love and obedience. Let my love for You increase day by day and let my obedience level increase as my love increases. Help me not to evaluate the things I believe You speak to me, but to step into the things You are calling me to do. I want my ears open to Your voice at all times so I can obey well what You are speaking.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment