Friday, March 25, 2022

Leave it for the Poor

 Scripture:

“If you forget to bring in a stack of harvested grain, don't go back in the field to get it. Leave it for the poor, including foreigners, orphans, and widows, and the Lord will make you successful in everything you do.”  ‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭24:19‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

God is giving directions to His people as they are about to possess the Promised Land. God loves the poor and always provides for them.  Here, it says to leave some of the crops for the foreigners, orphans, widows, and the poor. He says that He will make them successful in everything they do if they take care of the poor. The blessing of the Lord is always on those who take care of the poor.

Application:

The more we take care of the poor, the more blessed we will be, I have watched this principle over and over through the years. Organizations that feed the poor are always blessed and see miraculous provision. Ministries that care for the poor, always have more than enough. God blesses those who remember the poor and struggling of society.

Prayer:

Lord God, help me to be a blessing to those who are struggling. Show me what I can do to help the poor. Open my eyes to see what You desire for me. Thank You for Your incredible provision. Help me to lead others well and to demonstrate this concept to those around me.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment