Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Be Happy to Help the Poor

 Scripture:

“You should be happy to give the poor what they need, because then the Lord will make you successful in everything you do.” ‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭15:10‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

When God is laying out His laws to the people of Israel, He tells them to make sure they take care of the poor. The poor are always on the heart of God. He says we should be happy to give the poor what they need. God tells us here that when we take care of the poor, they Lord will make us successful in everything we do. That’s a good trade.

Application:

He says here, not just give to the poor, but to be happy about giving to the poor. Actually, it is a ver rewarding feeling to take care of someone who is poor. We should honor the poor as those created in the image of God and give them dignity while helping them with a smile. Our job is to take care of the poor, and be happy about doing it, then the Lord’s job is to bless us and make us successful.

Prayer:

Lord, here I am again, offering You my life. Help me to never look down on the poor, but to lift them up and help them as I am able. Teach me to be happy when giving to the poor. Help me to do everything I do with a right attitude. I want to represent You well in my generation. 

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment