Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Keep Your Word

 Scripture:

“When one of you men makes a promise to the Lord, you must keep your word.” ‭‭Numbers‬ ‭30:2‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

In this passage, the Lord is laying out His expectations from the people of Israel. He tells His people that if they make a promise to Him, they must keep their word and do what they said they would do. God takes making a vow or a promise very seriously.

Application:

God wants us to only promise things we can do. With the Lord, it is better to underpromise and over-perform than to over-promise and under-perform. As believers, it is crucial that our word is trustworthy and that we be people who do what we say we are going to do. God takes it seriously and we must as well. 

Prayer:

Lord, help me to follow through on my promises. Help me to not make promises, to You or others, that I cannot keep. Teach me to be a man of my word and to follow through on things I say I will follow through on. Let my yes be yes and my no be no. I’m Yours Lord. Help me to honor You well with my life.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment