Thursday, March 17, 2022

Encouragers

Scripture:

 “Instead, I will let Joshua your assistant lead Israel to conquer the land. So encourage him.”” ‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭1:38‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

Moses was told by the Lord that he would not get to enter the Promised Land because of his disobedience when told to speak to the rock. It actually says just above this verse the that Lord was angry with Moses because of the unbelief of God’s people as well. Anyway, God told Moses to ENCOURAGE Joshua because he would lead Israel into the Promised Land.

Application:

In English, to encourage, literally means or put courage into someone. Just as Moses put courage into Joshua, we should put courage into the people around us as they try to accomplish what God is putting on their hearts. I want to be an encourager. I want to put courage into people to accomplish all God wants for their lives. Barnabus was an encourager in the Bible and I want to be one today. I want to put courage into my spiritual sons and daughters.

Prayer:

Father, help me to be one who encourages others. Let my life put courage into the lives of those around me. I am Yours and want to help people live courageous lives. I want to live a courageous life as well. Teach me to never be controlled by fear, but to live by faith at all times.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment