Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Helping

 Scripture:

“Joshua was there helping Moses, as he had done since he was young. And he said to Moses, “Sir, you must stop them!”” ‭‭Numbers‬ ‭11:28‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

Joshua became the leader of Israel after Moses went away. Here it says that Joshua was there helping Moses, as he had done since he was young. This little phrase is so powerful! Joshua’s eventual position of leadership came because he was Moses’ helper or servant. This brought him in proximity with a man of God. His service was recognized and Moses knew he could be trusted because of his service.

Application:

Before we lead others, we must learn to be servants. There is usually some very trying times when we are young where we are tested and tried. Later in life, when we pass the tests, we are brought into place so leadership and influence because we can be trusted. I need to be faithful in the little things and diligent to do the will of God so He can entrust me with more.

Prayer:

Father, You are incredible and it is an honor to serve You. Help me to lead well and to pass every trial and test. Help me to live according to Your ways and set an example for those who follow me. Empower me to be the spiritual father I sense You are calling me to be. I want to do it well for Your glory.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment