Saturday, June 20, 2020

The Spoils of War

Scripture:

“King David also dedicated these to the LORD, along with the silver and gold that he had brought from all these nations—from Edom, from Moab, from the people of Ammon, from the Philistines, and from Amalek.”
‭‭I Chronicles‬ ‭18:11‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

In this chapter there is record of the many nations and peoples that David defeated.  When victory is won, there are always what we call the spoils of war.  This is the animals, weapons, chariots, silver and gold of the enemy.  Rather than King David taking all the spoils for himself and his nation, He dedicated all the spoils of war to the LORD.  David honored the LORD with whatever was put in his hand instead of being selfish and the LORD blessed him.

Application:

I might not have a physical battle to fight in my life, but there are times we have victories and breakthroughs in our lives.  It could come as a promotion, a raise, a bonus, an unexpected blessing, etc.  I need to remember to honor the LORD whenever I am blessed because ultimately, every good and perfect gift in my life comes from Him.  I want to honor the LORD in every area of my life and whatever He gives me, I want Him to know it is His.  Everything I have must be dedicated to the LORD for His use.

Prayer:

Father, help me to never take You for granted.  Teach me to honor You with all the increase of my life.  Help me to remember that everything I have belongs to You because without You, I wouldn’t have anything.  You have blessed me immensely in my life.  Help me to live open-handed and use everything I have for Your purposes.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment