Wednesday, June 24, 2020

God Honors Sacrifice

Scripture:

“Now Solomon began to build the house of the LORD at Jerusalem on Mount Moriah, where the LORD had appeared to his father David, at the place that David had prepared on the threshing floor of Ornan the Jebusite.”
‭‭II Chronicles‬ ‭3:1‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

There was a time when David had counted his fighting men, which displeased the LORD.  The LORD spoke to David and gave him three punishments, which he could choose.  David chose to have a plague for three days.  The plague killed 70,000 people and David wanted it to stop so he bought the threshing floor of Ornan the Jebusite.  Ornan offered it to David, but David said he wouldn’t offer to the LORD that which cost him nothing.  He built an altar to the LORD there, which became the place where God’s temple would be built by Solomon.  David’s sacrifice became Solomon’s blessing.

Application:

Nobody likes sacrifice.  Sacrifice usually costs you more than you want to pay.  Sacrifice means you are giving up something valuable to you.  When God sees us sacrifice on His behalf, He always sees it and always blesses it.  God blesses sacrifice!  Sacrifice was part of His plan from the beginning.  In the OT there were animal sacrifices, in the NT we present our bodies as a living sacrifice.  What we lay down before God, He turns into a place of blessing.  I need to remember that there is sacrifice in serving God, but that He always blesses sacrifice and uses it for His kingdom.

Prayer:

Father, I offer you my life today once again on the altar of sacrifice.  I give you all that I am because You are worthy of it all.  You loved me when I was unlovable.  You adopted me into Your family and You have blessed my life.  Help me to live a life that pleases You and let my sacrifice become a blessing to You and someone else.  I am Yours.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment