Thursday, June 25, 2020

Covenant Keeper and Mercy Giver

Scripture:

“and he said: “ LORD God of Israel, there is no God in heaven or on earth like You, who keep Your covenant and mercy with Your servants who walk before You with all their hearts.”
‭‭II Chronicles‬ ‭6:14‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

Solomon was dedicating the Temple he had built for the LORD.  The glory of the LORD filled the Temple and Solomon prayed before his people.  He attributed God with keeping His covenant and mercy with His servants who walk before Him with all their hearts.  

Application:

God is a merciful, covenant keeping God!  He is faithful to His promises and does what He says He will do.  Our part in this covenant is to walk before the LORD with all our hearts.  When I am faithful to the LORD, I remain in covenant with Him.  When I walk before Him with all my heart, His mercy comes into my life.  I want to walk before the LORD all the days of my life with ALL my heart.  I never want to be a half-hearted believer.  I want to be ALL-IN all the days of my life.  

Prayer:

Father, hear my cry this morning.  I love You and want to serve You well in my generation.  I long for Your presence.  I long for You glory to fill my life at increasing measures.  I long to walk before You with all my heart.  I don’t want to serve You only when convenient, but at all times.  Help me to serve You well, hear You voice and do what You desire.  I give myself to the extension of Your kingdom in all the earth. 

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment