Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Emotions and Faith

Scripture:

“So he said, “I have been very zealous for the LORD God of hosts; for the children of Israel have forsaken Your covenant, torn down Your altars, and killed Your prophets with the sword. I alone am left; and they seek to take my life.””
‭‭I Kings‬ ‭19:10‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

After Elijah had his encounter with the prophets of Baal on Mount Carmel he heard that Jezebel was after him to kill him.  He fled to hide in a cave, but the LORD spoke to him and asked why he was there.  Elijah replied he had been zealous and now he was the only one left following the LORD and they were seeking his life.  He went from the mountaintop to the valley very quickly.  He went from confronting 450 prophets of Baal to running from a single woman in a short time.

Application:

After great victories, we must be cautious because great valleys can come easily.  I want to have consistency in my life and not have mountaintop and valley experiences, but I also know that is now generally reality. I can not allow my own emotions and feelings to control my life, but the word of the LORD.  I need to hear from God clearly and do what he says at all times.  I want to walk bold and confident, but the only way to do that is to hear and do the word of the LORD.

Prayer:

Father, I want to live a life that pleases You.  I don’t want You to find me depressed in a cave and need to bring me out because I listened to those around me instead of listening to You.  Help me to walk boldly and confidently in Your kingdom.  Teach me to follow You well and to fulfill all You have given me to do.  Let me not be swayed by feelings or emotions, but by You at all times.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment