Tuesday, June 23, 2020

A Loyal Heart and a Willing Mind

Scripture:

““As for you, my son Solomon, know the God of your father, and serve Him with a loyal heart and with a willing mind; for the LORD searches all hearts and understands all the intent of the thoughts. If you seek Him, He will be found by you; but if you forsake Him, He will cast you off forever.”
‭‭I Chronicles‬ ‭28:9‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

As David was preparing Solomon to take over his kingdom and also preparing him to build the Temple of the LORD God Almighty, he gave him some instructions.  He told his son to serve God with a loyal heart and a willing mind.  He then instructed his son to seek the LORD and the LORD would be found by him.  David knew what it took to follow the LORD and had done a good job of demonstrating it.

Application:

Serving God takes a loyal heart, a willing mind, and a heart that seeks the LORD.  A loyal heart never turns from God under any circumstance.  Loyalty remains faithful, no matter what is going on or how long since God has answered your prayers.  A willing mind seeks the LORD and does what He says.  We must be willing to do what the LORD speaks to our hearts.  Lastly, I never want to lose being a God-seeker.  The more we seek Him, the more we find Him and the more we find Him, the more we love Him.

Prayer:

LORD, as David left instruction to Solomon as to how to serve the LORD and live a blessed life, help me to follow these instruction as well.  Let my heart always be loyal to You and let my mind be willing, no matter what You ask me to do.  Let my desire for You grow all the days of my life.  Help me to never stop seeking You.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment