Friday, June 19, 2020

Seeking God Never Stops

Scripture:

“Seek the LORD and His strength; Seek His face evermore!”
‭‭I Chronicles‬ ‭16:11‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

David had just brought the ark of the Covenant into Jerusalem and he delivered a Psalm into the hands of his worship leader.  This verse was a part of that Psalm.  It tells us to “seek the LORD and His strength; Seek His face evermore!”  David’s pursuit of the LORD didn’t stop when the ark came to his city, it just got started.  Seeking God is a lifelong pursuit.

Application:

David told us to seek the LORD, His strength, and His face evermore.  I have found in my life that the more I seek the LORD, the more I find Him and when I am content with what I have in Him, I start to dry up spiritually.  I have always been a God seeker, but sometimes that wanes and I get in a rut.  I want to seek Him continually all the days of my life.  I want to always be a pursuer of God.  I want to know Him more every day.

Prayer:

Father, don’t let my love and passion for You ever grow cold and stale.  I want to know You more and more every day.  Let my passion for You increase in my years instead of decrease.  I long for You to come and show Yourself strong in my life, my family, my church and my region.  I want to know You as never before.  I desire more of You and I will continue to seek You all the days of my life.

Love,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment