Monday, June 1, 2020

Beware of Lying Prophets

Scripture:

“He said to him, “I too am a prophet as you are, and an angel spoke to me by the word of the LORD, saying, ‘Bring him back with you to your house, that he may eat bread and drink water.’ ” (He was lying to him.)”
‭‭I Kings‬ ‭13:18‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

A man of God was sent on a mission and told by the LORD not to eat or drink until he had returned.  Another prophet brought him into his house and told him an angel told him to give the man of God something to eat.  The prophet was lying and it cost the man of God everything.  It is dangerous to listen to the wrong people.

Application:

We have the Holy Spirit to guide us into all truth.  We must be confident when we have heard the voice of the LORD and not be swayed by the good opinions of others, even if they say they have seen an angel.  When God speaks, He doesn’t change His mind.  It is so easy to be influenced by people around us who seem to have heard from God and the enemy loves to make us think they are hearing clearer than we are.  We must know the voice of the LORD now more than ever and must do what He says.

Prayer:

Father, open my ears to hear You clearly.  Don’t let me influenced by anyone but You.  Help me to stand in confidence when I have heard Your voice and not be intimidated by those who seem more spiritual.  Teach me to stand strong in my walk with You.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment