Saturday, June 27, 2020

Seasons of Rest

Scripture:

“He also removed the high places and the incense altars from all the cities of Judah, and the kingdom was quiet under him. And he built fortified cities in Judah, for the land had rest; he had no war in those years, because the LORD had given him rest.”
‭‭II Chronicles‬ ‭14:5-6‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

King Asa commanded Judah to seek the LORD and obey His commands.  He earnestly sought the LORD and destroyed the gods made of man’s hands in Judah.  He destroyed the works of the devil and honored the LORD, therefore the Lord gave him rest from war.  Rest comes when we have sought the LORD and begin to operate in His blessing.  Rest is promised to us when we seek the LORD and obey His commands.  Rest is a sign of the blessing of God.

Application:

There are seasons of rest in the Kingdom of God that come to God’s people.  These are blessed times of things prospering, enemy’s backing off, and the goodness of God being felt in a real way.  God desires His people to enter His rest.  When we put our trust and confidence in the LORD, there is rest for us.  I want to enter the LORD’s rest in my life.  I want to rest in His promises and walk in His blessing.  The answer is found in seeking Him and obeying Him.  I have been in a season of rest recently and it is so good to watch he LORD fight my battles and defend my life.  It is truly a blessing.

Prayer:

Father, help me to walk in faith and obedience every day of my life. I want to live in Your blessing of rest and peace.  You are my everything and I want to serve You well.  Teach me not to worry or doubt but to walk in total trust and confidence in my walk with You.  You’re the best and I want to walk humbly before You all the days of my life.  Let me see breakthroughs and blessings I have waited on for a long time as I continue to seek You.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment