Tuesday, June 2, 2020

God Supplies for His People

Scripture:

““Arise, go to Zarephath, which belongs to Sidon, and dwell there. See, I have commanded a widow there to provide for you.””
‭‭I Kings‬ ‭17:9‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

God spoke to Elijah and told him to go down to Zarephath because He had commanded a widow woman to provide for him.  Widows, in that day, would generally be extremely poor and have nothing to help anyone with.  This woman was down to her last meal, but God touched her heart to provide for the man of God.  God can bring resources from the most unlikely sources.

Application:

Jesus said things like, don’t worry about tomorrow, what you will wear or what you will eat because God feeds the birds of the air.  We must realize that God does provide for his people, if He has to perform miracles to do it.  The second application for me is that God loves to use the most unlikely people to bless your life.  God always has a widow woman who can provide for you as your trust him.

Prayer:

Father, help me to always look to You as my source and my provider.  You have never let me down.  You have been faithful to me all the days of my life.  Thank You for all You have done for me.   Help me to see Your hand in every provision of my life.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment