Friday, June 12, 2020

Don’t Give an Advantage to Satan

Scripture:

“Now whom you forgive anything, I also forgive. For if indeed I have forgiven anything, I have forgiven that one for your sakes in the presence of Christ, lest Satan should take advantage of us; for we are not ignorant of his devices.”
‭‭II Corinthians‬ ‭2:10-11‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

Paul is writing to the Corinthians here for the second time.  The first time he had to address some pretty serious issues.  Now he is writing again and tells them that if they forgive someone, he also forgives them.  He goes on to say that he has forgiven them in the presence of Christ, lest Satan should take advantage of us.  He closes by saying that we know Satan’s devices or schemes.

Application:

Sometimes we focus on defeating Satan through spiritual warfare, fasting and prayer.  This is great, but if we don’t walk in forgiveness, we are giving Satan an advantage that he will use in our lives.  Not forgiving someone opens the door to the enemy, no matter how much you pray and fast.  Peter tells us concerning our wives that our prayers are hindered because things are not right in the relationship.  Jesus said if we are bringing a sacrifice to the altar, leave it there and go get it right with the individual, then come back and present your offering.  I need to walk in constant forgiveness.  I don’t want to give the enemy any advantage.

Prayer:

Father, help me to walk in constant forgiveness.  Enable me to not be offended and have issues with my brothers and sisters.  Help me to love people as You love them.  Teach me not to give an advantage to Satan because of how I treat people.  I want to live free from offense in any form or fashion.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment