Friday, June 5, 2020

Don’t Complain About God’s Techniques

Scripture:

“Are not the Abanah and the Pharpar, the rivers of Damascus, better than all the waters of Israel? Could I not wash in them and be clean?” So he turned and went away in a rage.”
‭‭II Kings‬ ‭5:12‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

Naaman, the commander of the army of Syria,  had leprosy and came to Elisha because the king told him there was a prophet in Israel.  When he came, Elisha told him to go and wash in the Jordan River seven times.  He got angry and said that other rivers were more clean and asked if he couldn't use one of them.  He eventually went to the Jordan River, dipped seven times, and was healed of his leprosy.

Application:

God doesn’t always work in the way we want Him to.  Sometimes His answers come in ways we don’t think are appropriate.  His ways are higher than our ways and His thoughts are higher than our thoughts.  I can’t get upset when God’s answer is different than what I was thinking.  I must yield to God’s ways instead of trying to figure out a better way for God to work in my life.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, help me not to complain about Your techniques.  Help me not to complain when You say to do something that doesn’t seem to make sense to me.  Let me hear Your still small voice and show me the way to go each and every day.  Help me not to lean on my own understanding, but to let my steps be directed by You.  Help me to spend less time trying to figure out why You are doing what You are doing and more time walking in obedience.  

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment