Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Mighty Men of Battle

Scripture:

“The sons of Tola were Uzzi, Rephaiah, Jeriel, Jahmai, Jibsam, and Shemuel, heads of their father’s house. The sons of Tola were mighty men of valor in their generations; their number in the days of David was twenty-two thousand six hundred.”
‭‭I Chronicles‬ ‭7:2‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

In this passage, we see the sons of Tola.  It says they were mighty men of valor in their generations and they numbered twenty-two thousand six hundred.  Tola knew something about raising sons who were powerful men of valor in their generations, which tells me it went on for more than one generation.  He started fathering warriors who fathered warriors.

Application:

Recently, the LORD has been dealing with me about spiritual fathering and raising up sons and daughters for Him.  I feel a shift in my assignment toward fathering.  I want to raise up men and women who will carry the Gospel much farther and faster than I ever could alone.  I want to raise up warriors for the Kingdom who will make a difference in society.

Prayer:

Father, teach me to live a life like Tola, who was known for raising sons who were mighty men of battle.  Let there be generations who will follow You wholeheartedly because they had a father who treated  and trained them right.  Help me to LORD to fulfill every assignment You have on my life.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment