Thursday, June 11, 2020

The Response God Loves

Scripture:

“because your heart was tender, and you humbled yourself before the LORD when you heard what I spoke against this place and against its inhabitants, that they would become a desolation and a curse, and you tore your clothes and wept before Me, I also have heard you, ” says the LORD.”
‭‭II Kings‬ ‭22:19‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

Josiah was king when a copy of the Law of the Lord was found.  It was read to him and he responded by tearing his clothes, weeping, destroying all false gods, and by sanctifying everyone and everything he could.  God told him in this verse that because his heart was tender and he humbled himself, the things the Lord had spoken would not happen to him.

Application:

God loves a humble heart that responds in humility and brokenness when He speaks.  He loves it when we respond to His voice by wholly following Him and turning far away from any other gods.  He is looking for those today who will turn to Him with all their heart, soul, mind and strength.  He moves in response to those who humble themselves and seek Him diligently.

Prayer:

Lord God, I humble myself before You.  Empower me to serve You well and to do everything You put in my heart.  I want to be fully Yours and to live a life of humble abandonment to You and Your will.  Teach me to walk with out daily and show me the way forward.  I need You God.  I need You to lead me and show me the way forward in every area.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment