Saturday, June 13, 2020

Our Aim - Pleasing God

Scripture:

“Therefore we make it our aim, whether present or absent, to be well pleasing to Him.”
‭‭II Corinthians‬ ‭5:9‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

Paul tells the Corinthians in this verse that he makes it his aim, to please God, whether in heaven or on earth.  Immediately following this verse he goes into speaking about the judgment seat of Christ.  Paul understood that one day we will all stand before the judgment seat of Christ and be judged on what we did and what we did not do.  Based on that, he made it his aim to please God.

Application:

Our goal, in any situation, should be to please God.  We should aim to please Him with our attitude, heart, soul, mind, actions, reactions, and how we treat people.  We use to ask the question, “what would Jesus do?”, today I’m thinking, “what would please God?”  They are similar, but pleasing God should be our goal.  Living like Jesus is always pleasing to God.  I want God to be pleased with my life in every area.

Prayer:

Father, You know my goal in life is to here You say well done good and faithful servant.  Help me to my aim on pleasing You and not on myself.  Help me to live life that brings You honor.  Empower me to live humbly before You and to keep my aim on the pleasing You and not pleasing myself.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment