Thursday, June 18, 2020

Sons of Isaachar

Scripture:

“of the sons of Issachar who had understanding of the times, to know what Israel ought to do, their chiefs were two hundred; and all their brethren were at their command;”
‭‭I Chronicles‬ ‭12:32‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

I love the description of the sons of Isaachar in this verse.  It says they had understanding of the times, to know what Israel ought to do.  They could discern, not only the times, but what to do in those times.  They were people of keen insight into what God was doing and saying and they knew what the next steps were.

Application:

We are living in very difficult times.  This year we have had Coronavirus, riots in our streets, and churches closed because of the virus.  We need some sons of Isaachar who understand the times and what to do in these times.  I want to be one of those who knows what’s going on and what to do about it.  I want to walk in step with the Holy Spirit and do what He leads.  I want to be a person of insight.

Prayer:

Father, open my eyes that I may see what You are doing in the earth.  Let me be more like the sons of Isaachar and know what to do in each season.  Show me the way forward in my generation.  Let my heart be attuned to Your Spirit and know what to do each day.  Work in me Holy Spirit.  I am yours.  Help me to lead well in my generation.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment