Monday, June 22, 2020

Prophecy With Instruments

Scripture:

“Moreover David and the captains of the army separated for the service some of the sons of Asaph, of Heman, and of Jeduthun, who should prophesy with harps, stringed instruments, and cymbals. And the number of the skilled men performing their service was:”
‭‭I Chronicles‬ ‭25:1‬ ‭NKJV

Observation:

It says here that David and the captains of his army separated some sons of Asaph, Herman and Jeduthun that they may prophesy with harps, stringed instruments and cymbals.  They were to be skilled in their instruments, but I see a combination of worship and prophecy in this context.  

Application:

I love the spontaneous song of the LORD and singing forth prophetically with music.  To prophesy is to speak on God’s behalf.  We know Asaph wrote many of the Psalms of Israel.  What he sung...became Scripture.  He was truly singing prophetically.  I want to increase my skills in music and be able to flow more and more in prophetic song before the LORD.  I have always loved it, but want it to increase in my life.

Prayer:

Father, help me to sing the song of the LORD.  Enable me to sing Your songs from my heart.  Let me hear what You are saying and put it into music.  Attune my ears to heaven and let me hear melodies ordered in heaven and played over my hands and voice.  Help me grow in this area.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment