Saturday, June 6, 2020

Favor with the King

Scripture:

“And when the king asked the woman, she told him. So the king appointed a certain officer for her, saying, “Restore all that was hers, and all the proceeds of the field from the day that she left the land until now.””
‭‭II Kings‬ ‭8:6‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

The woman referred to in this story is the same woman who gave Elisha her last meal.  At that point in her life, God gave her continual supply of food for her to eat.  Later her son died and Elisha raised him from the dead.  After that, the prophet told her to go away for seven years because famine was coming.  She did as the man of God said and when she returned, she asked the king for her land back and he gave it as well as all the produce of the land for that past seven years.

Application:

This widow woman listened to the voice of the prophet in her life and prospered.  She was taken care of in remarkable ways as God provided for her needs.  If God can give a widow woman favor with a king so he gives her seven years of produce, He can do the same for me.  I want to increase my level of trust in God.  I want to walk in faith and see miraculous favor for my life and my church.

Prayer:

Father, release miraculous favor into my life.  Let everything I touch be blessed.  Bless my home, my wife, my sons, my church, and my community.  Let Your favor rest upon my life and let me see the day of good things.  I am Yours.  Provide for me like You did for this woman I pray.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment